Primary School Scripture Curriculum and Training
Grace Church is committed to the ongoing training of our Scripture Teachers. This list outlines the training courses offered to our teachers.
Other approved SRE programs.
At the beginning of each calendar year all curriculum will be reviewed for suitability by the EV SRE Coordinator.
For further information about SRE programs please contact EV SRE Coordinator at [email protected].
High School Scripture
The syllabus is divided into 8 lessons, 2 per term. Each lesson raises an idea or question and seeks insight from the Bible in answering it. The lessons are structured with questions and samples of the Bible, which students give written responses to, and if they like they can then share their response with the class for discussion.
- What’s God got to do with me – Does understanding God matter? Explores what the Bible says about whether God has anything to do with your life?
- God is… Creator – Explores what the Bible says about the creation of the world.
- God is… Ruler – Explores the place of God in the world.
- God is… Judge – Reflects on the world, and what it would look like without any justice then reflects on the justice of God.
- God is… Merciful – Reflects on the mercy and grace of God.
- God is… Saviour – Reflects on the relationship between God and man.
- Who is God to you? After thinking about who the Bible says God is, reflect on what that means for us.
- If a parent has a concern or question about SRE they are best to approach their child’s classroom teacher.
- The Classroom teacher will then contact the SRE teacher or Protestant SRE Coordinator to discuss the complaint.
- If the complaint can be easily resolved the classroom teacher will inform the parent of the resolution. The SRE teacher informs the Grace Church SRE Coordinator of the complaint and it’s resolution. If possible it is best that this be done within 7 days.
- If the complaint cannot be easily resolved, the SRE teacher will contact the School Protestant SRE Coordinator and the Grace Church SRE Coordinator to seek advise. This must be done within 48 hours of the issue being raised with them. It is expected that steps be taken towards resolving the complaint within 7 days.
All SRE processes will be reviewed annually.