Scripture Curriculum and Training
- Process for training & authorisation of an SRE teacher:
Prior to initial authorisation a teacher will:
- Complete the Grace Church Ministry application form.
- Have their WWC number “cleared” by
- Read the Grace Church Code of Conduct for Working with Children and Youth.
- Complete the Safe Ministry Leader Training Module.
- Complete training in classroom management, the NSW Department of Education Code of Conduct and Child Protection
- Meet with the Church SRE coordinator to read and understand the SRE Teacher Handbook.
- Knowledge of the Authorised Curriculum and scope and sequence
- Delivery of the curriculum with sensitivity and in an
- Use of classroom technology such as interactive whiteboards and digital projectors.
- Grace Church Peninsula provides a letter to the school which clearly identifies the approved provider, the name of the authorised teacher, his/her date of birth and contact details. The letter is updated annually before the start of term one or as required.
To renew authorization:
- The Church SRE coordinator will confirm that the WWC clearance is still valid.
- The SRE teacher will
re- readthe Grace Church Code of Conduct for working with Children/ Youth
- Meet with the Church SRE Coordinator to review the teacher’s understanding of the content of the SRE Teacher Handbook.
- Primary School Scripture Curriculum and Training
- Grace Church uses
curriculumfrom CEP Connect. A full explanation of the teaching material can be found at CEP Connect
- Grace Church is committed to the ongoing training of our Scripture Teachers. This list outlines the training courses offered to our teachers.
Curriculumis reviewed annually. Review processfor SRE teaching
- All SRE processes will be reviewed annually.
- The following strategies are used for review:
- Informal conversations before and after lessons, discussion of things going well and not going well
- Emailed questionnaire (SRE teacher review)
- Twice per year training sessions the general content of which includes: additional resources; a safe ministry module; classroom management; ideas for curriculum delivery, evaluation of resources
- Results of the review process are reported to the Department as part of the Annual Assurance process.
- Complaints Process
- If a parent has a concern or question about SRE they are best to approach their child’s classroom teacher.
- The Classroom teacher will then contact the SRE teacher or Protestant SRE Coordinator to discuss the complaint.
- If the complaint can be easily resolved the classroom teacher will inform the parent of the resolution. The SRE teacher informs the Grace Church SRE Coordinator of the complaint and it’s resolution. If possible it is best that this be done within 7 days.
- If the complaint cannot be easily resolved, the SRE teacher will contact the School Protestant SRE Coordinator and the Grace Church SRE Coordinator to seek advise. This must be done within 48 hours of the issue being raised with them. It is expected that steps be taken towards resolving the complaint within 7 days.
- For questions or further information write to: [email protected]