Process for training & authorisation of an SRE teacher:
Prior to initial authorisation a teacher will:
- Complete the Grace Church Ministry application form.
- Have their WWC number “cleared” by
- Read the Grace Church Code of Conduct for Working with Children and Youth.
- Complete the Safe Ministry Leader Training Module.
- Complete training in classroom management, the NSW Department of Education Code of Conduct and Child Protection
- Meet with the Church SRE coordinator to read and understand the SRE Teacher Handbook.
- Knowledge of the Authorised Curriculum and scope and sequence
- Delivery of the curriculum with sensitivity and in an
- Use of classroom technology such as interactive whiteboards and digital projectors.
- Grace Church Peninsula provides a letter to the school which clearly identifies the approved provider, the name of the authorised teacher, his/her date of birth and contact details. The letter is updated annually before the start of term one or as required.
To renew authorisation:
- The Church SRE coordinator will confirm that the WWC clearance is still valid.
- The SRE teacher will re- read the Grace Church Code of Conduct for working with Children/ Youth
- Meet with the Church SRE Coordinator to review the teacher’s understanding of the content of the SRE Teacher Handbook.
- For questions or further information write